There are mostly static websites on the Internet; you won’t be able to tell immediately if it is static or dynamic. Static websites can only really be updated by someone with knowledge of website development. Static websites are the cheapest to develop and host, and many smaller companies still use these to get a web presence which simply delivers basic information about the company.
Advantages of static websites
· – Easy and quick to develop
· – Low initial development cost
· – Low hosting cost
Disadvantages of static websites
· – Requires web development expertise to update site
· – Requires huge updating costs
· – Ongoing maintenance costs
· – Site not as useful for the user
· – Content can get stagnant
Dynamic sites on the other hand can be more expensive to develop initially, but the advantages are numerous. At a basic level, a dynamic website can give the website owner the ability to simply update and add new content to the site.
Advantages of dynamic websites
· – Quick and very easy to update
· – News and events can be posted on the website instantly
· – Does not require any web development skills for updating
· – Much more functional website
· – More structured and organised site
· – New content brings people back to the site and helps in the search engines
· – Can work as a system to allow staff or users to collaborate
Disadvantages of dynamic websites
· Slower / more expensive to develop initially
· Hosting costs a little more
Many sites from the last decade are static, but more and more people are realising the advantages of having a dynamic website. Dynamic websites can help you to make the most out of your site and either use it as a tool or create a professional, interesting experience for your visitors.
This article is written to solve the queries and questions of the website owners about choosing the type of site.
Blue Ornate provides an excellent alternative for managing your dynamic site intuitively ‘Blue Edge – Website Manager’.
With its user- friendly interface and easy integration feature Blue Edge can help you turn your static site to a dynamic. For more information please contact us (www.blueornate.com